- Start menu / New Documents
- Go into your EDA folder
- Create a new folder, name it “Self Portrait“
- This is where you will save all images gathered for this project
- Start menu / Fireworks
- Create a new file
- 1000 pixels width, 625 pixels height, transparent background
- Save into your new “Self Portrait” folder
- Name it, lastname101916selfportraitcollage.png
- Close file, close Fireworks
- Image source collection
- Start menu / Chrome / Google Classroom
- Open “Citing Sources Template”
- Use this file to collect image source data for each image you save
- Image search and selection
- New tab in Chrome, go to www.google.com
- Search for images as described below
- Use “Visit Image” and “Visit Page” to collect URL source data
- Do NOT save “Google-dee-gook” addresses ever
- Find /save largest possible version of image to save ( avoids pixelation later in collage )
Images of Significance to You – based on your Choices curriculum reflections
- Passions | things for which you have boundless enthusiasm
- Values | qualities you feel are important in your life ( examples: power, security, adventure, knowledge, independence, education, etc. ) Is there a TV, book or movie character that represents this quality in your mind?
- Strengths | What are you good at? What or who symbolizes those things for you?
- Skills | What do you know? What are you learning that you enjoy?
- Roles/Occupations/Vocations | Any possible occupations you might be interested in? What roles you play ( examples: student, athlete, reader, daughter, son, artist, gamer, etc. )
Building Your Collage
- Work on updating your collage file that was created back on October 19
- This collage is due January 9, 2017
Self Portrait Collage: Directions
You have collected 25-35 images that reflect the Choices curriculum (and the attendant Works Cited information for each image). We set up a Fireworks canvas on October 19. This canvas and all of your images should be in your Self Portrait folder on your Z drive.
Now we are ready to create the collage!
- Look at the images you have collected and THINK about what each represents.
- Choose five images that best represent your PASSIONS.
- Choose three images that best represent your VALUES.
- Choose three images that best represent your STRENGTHS and SKILLS
- Choose three images that best represent your OCCUPATIONS/VOCATIONS/ROLES
These 14 images should reflect the elements that you have the strongest feelings about.
In addition to images, you will be using text layers/effects.
- Your first and last name
- The occupation you are most interested in at this time
- Three roles that you play (student, daughter/son, reader, athlete, etc.). Each word should be its own layer
- Your definition of success
- Pictures are feathered/effects added
- All layers named
- Text layers are readable/effects added
- Background layer is appropriate/not distracting
- Aesthetic quality/professional presentation
Your Works Cited will include only the pictures you actually used in your collage–more information coming soon!
- January 3, 2017 @ 17:02:47 [Current Revision] by Mrs. Carr
- January 3, 2017 @ 17:02:47 by Mrs. Carr
- January 3, 2017 @ 17:02:37 [Autosave] by Mrs. Carr
- December 3, 2016 @ 20:48:50 by Mrs. Carr
- December 3, 2016 @ 20:46:17 by Mrs. Carr
- December 3, 2016 @ 20:45:51 by Mrs. Carr
- December 3, 2016 @ 20:45:01 by Mrs. Carr
- December 3, 2016 @ 20:44:36 by Mrs. Carr
- October 20, 2016 @ 03:04:38 by Mrs. Carr